Oh my God! I'm a rage-aholic! I just can't live without rage-ahol!

Saturday, April 30, 2005

TV is evil.

I'm absolutely livid with rage at the superfluously stylistic film, Alfie, starring a very weak-spirited and big-faced Jude Law. Personally, I can't see the irresistibility of his Jude Law-iness, but I can see how that sparkling portrayal of a glamorous New york life is eroding the very fabric of humanity.

It never occurred to me as a child that I could grow up and become a professional philandering slacker (and thank God because, quite frankly, that would be horribly empty). It's evil TV like this that indoctrinates us with the notion that being a lazy bastard pays off with flashy nightclubs and steamy bar sex. Really, I'd like to believe that most people can distinguish between well-molded hedonistic images and real life, but we come from an age of corn-fed, plumply pampered, lazy children who live off the fruit of their parents. Not working is the norm. College, for most people, is synonymous with wasting a huge load of money to drink and get herpes. And the real world, how cushy will that be?

Civilization with our advanced forms of decadence is spawning a generation of social tumors.