Oh my God! I'm a rage-aholic! I just can't live without rage-ahol!

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Blast from the past.

The new Doublemint commercial happens to be an old Doublemint commercial. This is obviously shameless reminis-ploitation. Really, it reminds us of simpler times with two-seater bikes and headbands. But does the gum taste any better? I remember it as tasting like rubber after five minutes. Perhaps Doublemint needs a makeover to demonstrate an improvement in taste and texture.

On the other hand, Old Spice chooses to entice us no longer with stinky, old fishermen. Instead, they caught up with the new trend to flaunt some girl parts at the camera. It's probably a desperate ploy to keep up with the scandalous Tag and Axe commercials often featuring "bad" behavior. And it works. That commercial sticks in my memory, and it reminds me of how I like Old Spice. Sure, the girl is gross, but it gets the job done.

Do the ends justify the means?