Oh my God! I'm a rage-aholic! I just can't live without rage-ahol!

Friday, July 29, 2005

A reply from Metro.

Dear ****,

I want to thank you for sharing your thoughts on the Voices page. As the letters editor, it is my job to collect, edit and publish the letters for the page. I have to say, if all of our letter writers had such astute observations as you, I think you would be more satisfied with the amount of intellectual debate on the page. Sadly, however, they aren't.

We publish almost every letter that we receive and what you read on our pages is a true reflection of our readers. We can't force our readers to offer interesting analytical insight into the news, but we can print their thoughts. I hardly think that qualifies as "encouraging horrible actions." Regardless of the quality of opinion, the letters column is still a place where every voice has a place to be heard.

Thank you again for your thoughts, and thank you for reading Metro.

Best,
Cassie