Oh my God! I'm a rage-aholic! I just can't live without rage-ahol!

Friday, July 29, 2005

My letter to Metro complaining about their letters

Dear Metro,

I read your publication every morning when I ride the commuter rail to work. I appreciate very much your efforts at educating the general public on current events through a fee-free means. However, to my dismay, you continue to publish those obnoxious letters in the Voices section.

While I welcome and value others' well thought-out opinions, I find that your letters reflect very few intelligent people who are motivated to argue their point. Instead, your letters mostly comprise of people more interested in personal attacks against someone with an opposing view than actually proving any coherent point whatsoever.

This is a fine example of what America has become these last few decades. Politicians, instead of arguing the issues, would rather attack each other as either money-grubbing conservatives or dirty, immoral liberals. Both sides casually label whatever that doesn't please them as "un-American" or "unpatriotic." The only un-American and unpatriotic thing that I see going on is this constant childish fight which will lead to nothing productive.

Shame on you, Metro, for encouraging these horrible actions. In a world where insults spring from our mouths left and right, the least you should be doing is setting a good example of what a civilized debate is.