Oh my God! I'm a rage-aholic! I just can't live without rage-ahol!

Friday, July 15, 2005

The real war.

I just spent the last freaking hour reading the comments on Vox's post. I didn't finish, mind you, because it was getting redundant and ridiculous. Some people made some very good points, but then again, some weren't.

So now I'm sitting here waiting for the next turn of the globe when America will cease to be a superpower. Trust me, it will be a good thing. Being humbled teaches you to learn from your mistakes. I'm sitting on the egg which is post-modern capitalist-communist China, waiting for it to hatch. Now, come on, we can all work together, can't we? America will learn how to wise up, and China will learn how to be a kinder, gentler shrewd maniac.

Can't Americans see that their ideological war is what's really killing their country? Instead of being a united front that defends and honors, Americans have taken to babbling and arguing among themselves. It just makes it that much easier to attack a country in chaos and disarray, where even the simplest decision has to be submitted to five thousand different committees. (Do we want the chairs in the White House cafeteria to be green or blue? Will blue offend someone? Is green not patriotic enough?)

Aren't we all essentially wanting the same things? Don't we want to survive at least? Can't we all just get along? At least we should pretend to.