Oh my God! I'm a rage-aholic! I just can't live without rage-ahol!

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Just because you're not there...

While I'm sitting here in my cushy dorm room in my dorm accoutrements...

(I highly suspect that I live in the "minority" part of campus. I've never before seen such a big fraction of black people or Asian people in one place. The dorm section I live in the third, maybe second, worst section out of the five dorm sections. They couldn't put us in the worst because then there would be an outcry about how they're persecuting minority students. Oh, they're clever and subtle. This is a very race unfriendly school. Yep. And they wonder why all the Asian kids hang out with each other and no one else. I don't know... Maybe it has something to do with the obvious vibes of hostility.)

... there are really bad things happening in the world.

Goodbye, New Orleans. I never knew you though I always wanted to. Seemed so Tennessee Williams, and we all know Tennesee Williams was "interesting" in a Southern, gay, Vladmir Nabokov way. Hello, cholera and typhoid.

I blame global [annoying correction by someone] "climate change" again. The warm ocean is making hurricanes more severe even though Billy insists that hurricanes were severe before and will be again. That's true, but it's been a long time (more like never) since I've heard of this many "severe" hurricanes consecutively, plus that insane monsoon in India and tsunami in Southeast Asia.

You know, we never consider the nuances of problems like this until it directly affects us. Who knows. Maybe in ten years Boston and New York will be gone, underwater. Well, I suppose New Orleans was really a death trap in the first place considering how it's just a gigantic hole in the middle of the land, but undoubtedly, it's a shame.

Still, even if you want to deny global warming and such theories, there is no denying the hole in the ozone layer, unless you really believe that scientists are in on some sinister conspiracy. Just because we can't prove exactly how these climate changes are happening doesn't mean we should randomly fuck around with Earth. In fact, the unknown gives us a even bigger reason not to mess around.