Oh my God! I'm a rage-aholic! I just can't live without rage-ahol!

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

The story of how I came to hate Republicans.

There has been a general drought at The Court. This is where I admit I read Vox sometimes because he sometimes has something good to say. Most of the time, I'm there for the comments because half of them are so asinine that I have to laugh. But recently, Vox has just turned into one big giant ass.

Okay, okay. I take it back. I'm just sore because he defended Republicans, and I absolutely hate Republicans with a flaming passion.

Now, I understand Christian Libertarians aren't Republicans, but they are in no freaking way Democrats. And although I embrace Libertarianism, I don't think I embrace Christian Libertarianism because, well, I'm no Christian. But defending the disgusting Republican party is a little too much for me to take.

Let me tell you about a Republican roommate I had long, long ago last fall...

She was crazy.

That is the number one quality you have to focus on.

She wasn't stupid and she wasn't evil; she was just plain 100% insane to the bone.

A little about her background: She was one of those blue-blooded types who's family came off the damn Mayflower. Her father is one of those prominent Republicans (I think mostly because he was rich). She went to a snooty boarding school and claimed she could have gone to Hah-vard if she wanted. When her friends saw the Asian names on her roommate assignment sheet, they said to her, "Oh my God, *******. They're not going to speak English!" Because, you know, all people with foreign names don't know how to speak English. Our young Republican, avid supporter of Bush, hated Teresa Heinz Kerry because she had an accent.

Bizarre things she has said: "Guys, I wish we'd all, like, study together, like, at the same time, and go out together and stuff." Literally, she wanted us to do everything she was doing at every moment of the day. When she was in the room, everyone had to be perfectly silent so Princess could get her sleep. She woke up much earlier than us in the morning and made more loud, rude noises than an elephant.

She would constantly gripe about her father who has a kajillion kids by fifty thousand wives. He was a real hard-ass and also a real asshole. Her mom was a former beauty who now has faded and is in real denial about losing her youth.

She was not beyond blatantly stating stereoptypes about Asian people all the time even though me and my other roommate were both Asian. At one point-- well, let me tell the whole story.

There were three of us: me, Spawn of Republicans, and Good Roommate.

Good Roommate reads passage from sociology book.
Me: Yes, America tends to be more career focused than academically focused.
Spawn: When are you going back?
Me: What?
Spawn: If you hate it here so much, why don't you go back to China?
Good Roommate: She didn't say she hated it. She said it was career focused.

I have been in this country for more than thirteen years. No one has ever said that to me before. Well, I had never really met an ardent Republican before her, the crazy bitch. I was way too shocked to say anything. Now, I know white people don't want none of us here, but at least say that as a legitimate reply to some insult against America. That was not an insult. That was barely a statement.

So, in reply to Vox's post on Republicans: No, Republicans are not gay. No, they are not stupid. A lot of them may be Christians. They don't buy into the shallow glitz of Hollywood. But that does not make them good people. If the only reason to side with someone is because they blatantly show their evil bias in your favor, then you are one messed up SOB.

Some Democrats may be poor, but poverty builds the kind of character that fucked up rich kids will never have. Because of their struggles and strife, poor Democrats will sympathize with gays, minorities, and feminists, not because they're immoral and stupid, but because they have compassion, something pampered rich brats know very little about.

Of course, I think this party battle is pointless since the fatcats will always be manipulating the government every which way. It's just far more concealed than any tyrannical regime. However, they count on this divisiveness in the population so that the charade may go one.