Oh my God! I'm a rage-aholic! I just can't live without rage-ahol!

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

You use it to make beer!

I am thoroughly struck by Cameron Diaz and her army of chimps as they trek through rainforests in the name of "environmentalism." Okay, so what if I stole this story from The Daily Show. It was far too amusing to pass on. If you look at her face, the stupidity is written all across it, the dumbfounded look fully glazed across her eyes. And this is what actually semi-legitimate leftists agendas have come down to: complete exploitation by pop culture to sell to my generation's lazy, extravagant, and inconsequential attitude.

To quote USA Today (as pointed out by Lewis Black):
[Kid] Rock, Diaz says, initially scoffed at their talk about the importance of clean waterways. "He was like, 'I don't need any water.' We were like, 'You need water to make beer!' He was like, 'Oh, my God!'"

And I was like, "He totally bathes in beer when he's not shooting rats at the dumpster."

On Eva Mendes:
"She couldn't get up (alone) in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom because she was afraid she'd run into a spider. She can't even SEE a spider," Diaz says.

Yes, and every time I see an HIV retrovirus I run and scream, "OH MY GOD! KILL IT! KILL IT!"

"I don't think that kids know that the world's available to them," Diaz says. She hopes Trippin' will get them to follow some grumpy-dad-type advice about saving electricity and other resources.

Wow, because I was pretty sure that the show was about watching famous people looking stupid as they wander aimlessly through third world countries. Then again, how else are you going to sell environmentalism? Death threats seem a little extreme. But you have to wonder if Diaz really buys into that. My guess is that she does since that's what MTV told her tiny brain, but the profits can't hurt either.