Oh my God! I'm a rage-aholic! I just can't live without rage-ahol!

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

I must want to be a doctor because...

I'm so excited about this article!

Do you understand the ramifications of such a discovery?

The big bell is being rung! Is this the cure for cancer that we have been searching for?

Somehow, I find it doubtful that it can be this good and this effective. But the fact that this discovery exists gives me so much hope.

And to think, it all happened at Penn State. Stupid Penn State. The whole time I was there I thought it was so worthless. They're greatest previous discovery was how to freeze ice cream with alcohol and sound. That got them a deal with Ben & Jerry's. It's all so clear now... That's the reason why the stores there only sell Ben & Jerry's.

It wasn't Harvard. It wasn't MIT. It was Penn State. The irony. While I was lamenting over turning down MIT... Penn State was curing cancer.

In Penn State's article, they said:

Though previous [studies] have investigated the cancer-targeting potential of AAV2, none allowed the AAV2 to remain in culture long enough to see the effect that Meyers and his team observed.

Hmmm. I can just see it now. Some lazy Penn State student left it in the dish too long and ingenuously came up with the finding. Typical, no?